Accessible PDF Documents
to Ensure 508 Compliance.
Our Process to Make PDFs Accessible and Ensure 508 Compliance
- Crazy fast proactive communication
- Determine scope, pricing and relationship
- Delivery of Documents to Digital Echo
- Review and correct the file structure
- Create Tagged PDF:
- List elements
- Table structure
- Link structure
- Proper Reading order
- Alternate text
- Form elements
- Review, verify and fix script functionality
Validation and Quality Control
- Validate with Adobe Acrobat Checker
- Manually Test using JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- Validate section 508 Compliance
- Validate PDF/UA compliance
- Validate WCAG compliance
Guaranteed Compliance and Delivery
- Generate compliance reports
- Deliver documents and corresponding compliance reports
- We are at our best as a trusted partner by serving your ongoing accessibility needs
What is Compliance and What are Standards?
When we talk about compliance we are talking about Section 508 Compliance, The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other international laws. These laws set the legal parameters to ensure that the content we create on websites and in digital documents like PDFs is accessible and can be used by all individuals including those with impairments.
To achieve compliance we follow standards to make a document accessible. The two most common standards are PDF/UA and WCAG both with the same goal of universal readability by computer technologies, including assistive technologies. While similar they are not identical but by incorporating you can achieve 508 compliance or compliance with other laws.
Reviews From Our Amazing Clients
Document Compliance and Accessibility Solutions
Digital Echo works with forward thinking organizations on inclusion and accessibility for those with disabilities. An organization can not be truly inclusive without being accessible to all. Our PDF Accessibility Services are part of our larger offering of document remediation and compliance as well as web accessibility and assistive tools. We look to maintain long lasting relationships and secure these through personalized, value-driven services. Our clients look for our expert analysis and remediation services to ensure their compliance with 508, WCAG and PDF/UA standards.